Adele becomes richest ever UK female musician as Paul McCartney tops Sunday Times Rich List
U2, Elton John and Mick Jagger also placed high in wealth list
Getty Images Luke Morgan Britton, 21st April 2016 Adele has been named Britain's richest ever female musician, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.
The annual list of the biggest-earners in the UK and Ireland runs in full in the Sunday Times this weekend, with the top music millionaires revealed ahead of its publication.
Paul McCartney tops this year's list, who, along with wife Nancy Shevell, has an estimated wealth of £760 million. The rest of the Top Five is completed by Andrew Lloyd-Webber (£715 million), U2 (£500 million), Elton John (£280 million) and The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger (£235 million).
Adele, who also tops the Young Music Rich List of artists under 30, comes in at Number 30, with an estimated wealth of £85 million. The only female performer to come higher is Irishwoman Enya, making Adele the most wealthy British female musician ever.
Ian Coxon, editor of the Sunday Times Rich List, says of the news: "Adele is only 27 so I would see her getting in the main list of the richest 1,000 in a couple of years – she is only £15 to £20m away now".
See the full Top 30 beneath.
1. Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell £760 million
2. Lord Lloyd-Webber £715 million
3. U2 £500 million
4. Sir Elton John £280 million
5. Sir Mick Jagger £235 million
6. Olivia and Dhani Harrison £220 million
6. Keith Richards £220 million
8. Ringo Starr £200 million
9. Michael Flatley £198 million
10. Sting £185 million
11. Eric Clapton £160 million
11. Rod Stewart £160 million
11. Roger Waters £160 million
14. Sir Tom Jones £155 million
15. Sir Tim Rice £150 million
16. Robbie Williams £145 million
17. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne £135 million
18. Brian May £120 million
18. Charlie Watts £120 million
20. Roger Taylor £115 million
21. Phil Collins £110 million
22. George Michael £105 million
22. Jimmy Page £105 million
24. Robert Plant £103 million
25. John Deacon £100 million
25. David Gilmour £100 million
27. Calvin Harris £95 million
28. Enya £91 million
29. Iman Abdulmajid and Duncan Jones and family £90 million
30. Adele £85 million